|পাতাটি অনুবাদের কাজ চলছে, অনুবাদে সাহায্য করতে পারেন|
|এই সাহায্য পাতাটি একটি কীভাবে করবেন ধরনের নির্দেশিকা। এটি উইকিপিডিয়ার কিছু নিয়ম ও পদ্ধতির বিশদ বর্ণনা করে। এটি উইকিপিডিয়ার কোনো নীতিমালা বা নির্দেশাবলী নয়।|
|Wikimedia IRC has been migrated from freenode to Libera Chat. For more information, please see meta:IRC/Migrating to Libera Chat. References to freenode on this page and others may be out of date.|
|To begin using Wikimedia IRC channels, see: IRC/Tutorial and m:IRC/Instructions.|
বাংলা উইকির প্রায় কোনো সদস্যই আইআরসিতে বেশি একটা সক্রিয় নন। কোনো প্রশ্ন বা জিজ্ঞেসা থাকলে সম্প্রদায় আলোচনাসভা বা প্রশাসক আলোচনাসভায় তা সম্পন্ন হয়, যা সংরক্ষিত থাকে। লিবেরাচ্যাট (Libera Chat) নেটওয়ার্কে উইকিপিডিয়ার জন্য কিছু আইআরসি চ্যানেল রয়েছে যেখানে আলাপের সুবিধা পাওয়া যাবে। এখানে উইকিপিডিয়ানরা অন্যদের সাথে সরাসরি আলাপচারিতায় অংশ নিতে পারবেন। এমনকি কোন কোন উইকিপিডিয়ান একটি উইন্ডোতে আইআরসি ব্যবহার করেন এবং অন্য উইন্ডোতে উইকিপিডিয়ায় কাজ করেন। (তবে বাংলা উইকিপিডিয়ার সম্পাদকদের মধ্যে এখনো জনপ্রিয় হয় নি।) কিছু চ্যানেলের তালিকা নিচে উল্লেখ করা হয়েছে। বিস্তারিত তালিকা পাওয়া যাবে m:IRC/Channels এ।
আইআরসি চ্যালেনগুলো চ্যাট রুম নামেও প্রচলিত। এখানে আলাপগুলো কিছু সার্ভারের নেটওয়ার্কের মাধ্যমে হয়ে থাকে। বর্তমানে উইকিপিডিয়ার চ্যানেলগুলো লিবেরাচ্যাট নেটওয়ার্কে হোস্ট করা, পূর্বে ফ্রিনোড ব্যবহৃত হত। এই চ্যাট রুমে অংশগ্রহণের জন্যে আপনাকে বিশেষ ধরণের প্রোগ্রাম বা প্লাগ-ইন যাকে বলা হয় আইআরসি ক্লায়েন্ট ব্যবহার করতে হবে। কতগুলি জনপ্রিয় ক্লায়েন্ট-এর মধ্যে আছে- উইন্ডোজের জন্যে এম আই আর সি [mIRC], ম্যাক ও এস এক্স এর জন্যে কল্লোয়ি [colloyuy], লিনাক্সে হেক্সচ্যাট বা কনভার্সেশন।
Wikipedia IRC is not owned or controlled by Wikipedia/Wikimedia. It is a project run by volunteers of their own accord. The Wikipedia channels on Libera Chat were designed by users of Wikipedia as places for Wikipedians to chat using IRC. They are casual and not logged publicly. As far as their influence on Wikipedia goes, IRC is equivalent to a conversation in a pub – the discussion may be conducted between a small number of people but may be overheard by hundreds, or more if the logs are published.
When the channels are used to attack Wikipedians, or when IRC discussions are cited as justification for an on-wiki action, the resulting atmosphere is very damaging to the project's collaborative relationships.
IRC tutorial and host masking[সম্পাদনা]
Anonymity and masking[সম্পাদনা]
As on Wikipedia itself, you can use IRC with a name that hides your IP address, and allows you to remember your preferred settings. If you have any special access rights to any channel, those will be remembered under your name too. On IRC these are two separate matters – registering a nickname is quick and easy (like on Wikipedia itself), and that name is then password protected for your own use, and cloaking is the request to have the account configured to hide its IP address from other users. These matters are all covered in the IRC tutorial.
To request that your IRC account be cloaked, send the following private message:
/msg wmopbot cloak. Group Contacts then process these by hand. Cloaking is optional, but a good idea.
The following are the requirements necessary to obtain a cloak:
- User must have a verified e-mail address (throwaway/disposable emails are not acceptable)
- User must have at least 250 edits on Wikimedia projects
- User must have a Wikimedia project account registered for at least three months
- User must not be actively blocked from a project
Note that anonymity is maintained with more difficulty on IRC than on Wikipedia. Without a hostmask, your IP address will be visible, and indexed on some Internet websites. Even with a hostmask, your IP address is at risk to be revealed due to the nature of the IRC protocol (due to the effects of a "ghost" session). If you are concerned about your anonymity, you may wish to consult with someone familiar with IRC; some of them are listed here.
Another straightforward way of guaranteeing anonymity on IRC (and elsewhere) is to subscribe with a VPN service provider. This will re-route all your Internet traffic and effectively replace your IP address with the service providers.
Alternatively, Tor may be used to connect. Libera Chat provides an onion service under
libera75jm6of4wxpxt4aynol3xjmbtxgfyjpu34ss4d7r7q2v5zrpyd.onion but authentication using SASL EXTERNAL or ECDSA-NIST256P-CHALLENGE is mandatory. Tor access to the clearnet domain (
irc.libera.chat) is blocked.
Publicly logged channels[সম্পাদনা]
There are several Wikimedia channels which are purposefully logged. Some of them are listed here:
- #wikidata (logged by wm-bot)
- #wikimedia-labs (logged by wm-bot)
- #wikimedia-mobile (logged by wm-bot)
- #wikimedia-toolserver (logged by wm-bot)
- #wikimedia-operations (logged by wm-bot)
- #wikimedia-tech (logged by wm-bot)
- #wikimedia-dev (logged by wm-bot)
- #mediawiki (logged by wm-bot)
- #wikimedia-office (publicly logged when a scheduled staff discussion is happening)
Most people needing live help editing Wikipedia can access IRC easily by clicking here: #wikipedia-en-help. Web-based IRC is a good choice for first-time IRC users, for portable use, and for those who cannot, or prefer not to, install separate software.
The usual way to access IRC is by downloading an IRC client. These are more full-featured and make it easy to watch multiple chats at a time. Scripts to enhance IRC clients are available online at Wikipedia:Scripts. From the long list of IRC clients, some popular options are: উইকিপিডিয়া:IRC/Clients
IRC error: Unable to join channel (invite only)[সম্পাদনা]
This error occurs when you attempt to join a non-public channel (see non-public channels, below). If you know that you have access to a non-public channel and you still receive this error, the simplest fix is to ask ChanServ for an invite (see /msg ChanServ help invite for more info). If you have a cloak, you can ask a channel op to add an invex (+I) on your cloak so that you do not need to ask ChanServ for invites each time you need to join the channel.
If, however, you know you both have access to the non-public channel and you know that you have an invex (+I) on your cloak for that channel, your client might be automatically joining the channel before authenticating. Double-check to make sure your client is set up according to Libera Chat's connection guide, and configure your client to log in when you connect.
Use of IRC[সম্পাদনা]
Once you are connected to the Libera Chat IRC network, you can choose which public channels you join and which chats you engage in. If you are authorized to join non-public channels then you can take part in those too. Consider also requesting a cloak to mask your IP address and give other users confidence that you are the Wikipedia user you claim to be.
In general on IRC, each channel operates autonomously and each has its own norms and policies—these may cover conduct (including civility, appropriate topics, and language), on/off-topic chat, who may join, and who may be asked to leave. Each channel is autonomous and in general there is no appeal from a decision by the operators of that channel to an outside body (which may have any or no reason), so it is worth checking the channel norms and rules before accidentally making a mistake of conduct. That said, in general most channels used by Wikimedia communities are friendly and do have people you can contact in case of problems. (See problems and help below.)
Once connected, some users stay logged-in to the chatrooms whenever they are on Wikipedia, and check in on the discussions from time to time, to read what is been accumulating there and to participate. Some programs used for chatting notify you whenever there is activity in a chat room so you will not miss anything. Often, users jump onto a chat room to draw the attention of others there of something on Wikipedia that needs attention.
A number of non-public channels exist, to which access is limited. The best known of these on English Wikipedia is the administrators' channel, but others exist also for groups such as the arbitration committee, checkuser and account creator collaboration. Access to these channels requires use of a registered account, described previously. If you are part of a given group that has a non-public channel, you can request access so that you can join.
Steps to getting access to non-public channels:
- Request it — Post a new request under pending requests for access, at the end of this page, providing your registered IRC account and links evidencing access.
- Get it — A channel operator will then drop by to give you access to the channel. Alternatively, ask in #wikimedia-ops, using the !ops keyword to get attention.
- Use it — Once your request is complete, you can invite yourself to the channel using ChanServ's INVITE command as long as you've identified to NickServ. (See /msg NickServ HELP IDENTIFY and /msg ChanServ HELP INVITE for more information.)
- (Optional) In order to gain automatic access to a non-public channel (i.e. without having to use the ChanServ's INVITE command each time), you should first obtain a cloak. From there, simply ask an op on the channel to add an invex (+I) for your cloak. If you already have a cloak when requesting access, ops will typically add an invex for you at the same time they're giving you access, but if you obtain a cloak after gaining access or you change your cloak after gaining access, you can typically reach the channel's ops by using either the !ops keyword or requesting assistance in #wikimedia-ops.
The IRC instructions page may also be helpful for getting around.
List of useful channels[সম্পাদনা]
The main general-purpose channels relevant and related to English Wikipedia are:
|#wikipedia||(সব ভাষার) উইকিপিডিয়া বিষয়ে সাধারণ আলোচনার জন্য|
|#wikipedia-bn||বাংলা উইকিপিডিয়া বিষয়ে সাধারণ আলোচনার জন্য|
|#cvn-bn-scan||অগঠনমূলক সম্পাদনা রোধে সাম্প্রতিক পরিবর্তন পর্যবেক্ষণের জন্য|
Technical channels, and technical support for tools[সম্পাদনা]
|#wikimedia-tech||Technical issues related to the Wikimedia systems.|
|#mediawiki||Discussion and technical questions related to the MediaWiki software (including template help, and other questions).|
Tools, and support for tools[সম্পাদনা]
|#AutoWikiBrowser||General discussion and support requests for AutoWikiBrowser.|
|#huggle||Support for the tool Huggle.|
|#swviewer||Support for the tool SWViewer.|
Problems and help[সম্পাদনা]
Help for accessing IRC itself is best requested on the talk page, if you have read the tutorial and other information and are still unable to use it. Once you can access IRC by some means, there are help and information channels on most Wikimedia-related topics listed above, type /join #channelname into any window, to join them and ask your question (e.g., /join #wikipedia-en-help). It is customary on IRC to just ask, not to ask whether you can ask. :-)
Within the Wikimedia and English Wikipedia channels, your first recourse if you have difficulty, is to ask to speak to a channel operator, if any are around. You can identify channel operators in most of these channels since they will appear as having the "o" flag in a list of channel users and flags. Type /msg chanserv flags #channelname for a list of users and their access levels (this can sometimes have hundreds of lines). Further help can be obtained as follows:
- #wikipedia-en: Ask to speak to a channel operator. If needed, you can often address such problems to administrators who are IRC users. (Please see the userlist of #wikipedia-en-admins for information.)
- #wikipedia-en-admins (the non-public admins channel): Has adopted its own code of conduct that covers problematic situations; please see that channel's guidelines and user information above, for relevant links and userlists.
- All other #wiki... channels: Speak to a channel operator for that channel.
- Beyond that, the Wikimedia channels are supervised by the IRC Group Contacts—currently Dungodung (dungodung on IRC), Snowolf (Snowolf on IRC), Az1568 (AlexZ on IRC), and Fox (foks on IRC)—who can advise on serious problems that channel operators cannot resolve.
If the problem relates to user conduct in any channel, your first recourse should be to try and resolve matters with the person involved. If this fails, ask to speak to a channel operator. If your problem cannot be resolved by channel operators, then it may be raised further, as previously mentioned.
- It is the policy of some channels that you should not post logs on the wiki, or circulate them without permission from those involved; rather, if a matter requires logs then please obtain permission before circulating or publicizing them, and if in doubt ask a channel operator or other experienced user for advice.
- Wikipedia:IRC/Channel access and configuration guide – how channel access works on Libera Chat IRC
- Wikipedia:IRC/wikipedia-en-help – the primary channel for editors seeking help on using and editing the English Wikipedia
- m:IRC – information page on Meta-Wiki (not to be confused with mIRC, an IRC client)
- m:IRC/Channels – main list
- m:IRC/Cloaks – provides information about obtaining a hostmask cloak
- m:IRC/wikipedia-en-admins/User list#Operators – list of channel ops for #wikipedia-en-admins
- Wikipedia:Huggle – Cross-platform application that allows users to watch recent changes, and automates many vandal-fighting tasks
- Wikipedia:Scripts#IRC channel scripts
- Category:User essays on IRC – other opinions on these IRC channels and their use by Wikipedians
- Wikipedia:IRC/Personal views regarding IRC – written by members of the arbitration committee in January 2007
- m:IRC/Quotes (m:BASH) – a collection of humorous IRC quotes, posted only with consent from the quotee
- French quotes
- m:BASH quote generator – X!'s tools, get quotes from the IRC Quote Database
Other discussion venues[সম্পাদনা]
- Wikipedia:External discussion
- Wikipedia:Mailing lists
- Wikipedia:Off-wiki policy discussion
- Wikipedia:Discord (text and voice chat)
- "Connecting to Libera.Chat - Accessing Libera.Chat Via Tor"। সংগ্রহের তারিখ ১৩ জুলাই ২০২১।