- ১ Article request: Bengali version of Detroit International Academy for Young Women
- ২ Article request: Paterson, New Jersey and Paterson Public Schools, also Al-Islah Mosque
- ৩ research required
- ৪ New Readers research
- ৫ Toronto District School Board (article request)
- ৬ Wiki Loves Pride featured picture drive
- ৭ Content help request
- ৮ Help with a project
- ৯ Wikimedia Sustainability Initiative
Article request: Bengali version of Detroit International Academy for Young Women[সম্পাদনা]
Is anyone interested in making a Bengali version of en:Detroit International Academy for Young Women. Many of the girls attending the school are Bengali and the school is marketed to Bengali families living in Detroit. The official school brochure in Bengali may be of assistance when translating the article.
- Sure Sufe (আলাপ) ২১:৪০, ৩০ জুন ২০১৫ (ইউটিসি)Sufe
- Ok! Please let me know when it's ready :) - Thank you! WhisperToMe (আলাপ) ২২:১৫, ৩০ জুন ২০১৫ (ইউটিসি)
- Thank you! Sufe, is it okay if you add one sentence to the lead: "It is a part of en:Detroit Public Schools"? (Detroit Public Schools is ডেট্রয়েট পাবলিক স্কুল্স in Bengali) WhisperToMe (আলাপ) ২২:৪৭, ৩০ জুন ২০১৫ (ইউটিসি)
If you don't mind, what is the Bengali translation of "Schools in Detroit"? I would like to add the translation to this Commons gallery: Commons:Category:Schools in Detroit WhisperToMe (আলাপ) ০০:২৩, ১ জুলাই ২০১৫ (ইউটিসি)
- One more thing: Is it okay if you add The information about the white dress graduation - that it's a tradition from U.S. all girls' private schools? WhisperToMe (আলাপ) ০৭:৫৯, ১ জুলাই ২০১৫ (ইউটিসি)
- Information about the white dress graduation added successfully, Thanks Sufe (আলাপ) ১০:২৯, ১ জুলাই ২০১৫ (ইউটিসি)
- You're welcome. It's a really cool article! Bengali added to Commons:Category:Schools in Detroit. Anyway, thank you so much, and happy editing :) WhisperToMe (আলাপ) ০৩:১৩, ২ জুলাই ২০১৫ (ইউটিসি)
Article request: Paterson, New Jersey and Paterson Public Schools, also Al-Islah Mosque[সম্পাদনা]
If anyone is interested in some more USA topics, I found:
- en:Paterson, New Jersey - Has a Bengali population (you don't have to do the whole thing! All I need is a stub!)
- en:Paterson Public Schools - See archived Bengali document http://www.paterson.k12.nj.us/PDF/13-14/Central%20Registration%20Flyer-Aug%20-%20Sept2013%20Bengali.pdf - http://www.webcitation.org/6SLQQY0DE
- en:Al-Islah Mosque - Bengali mosque in Hamtramck, Michigan
A bonus topic:
|most-perfect magic square from|
the Parshvanath Jain temple in Khajuraho
Hi! Some years ago I received a picture about a most-perfect magic square from the Parshvanath Jain temple in Khajuraho. According to magic square#India Magic Squares and Cubes By William Symes Andrews, 1908, Open court publish company the square is more then thousand years old / from the 10th-century. There is text above the square.
Can anybody provide a translation and or additional details about this text?
testwiki:most-perfect magic square provides transliterations for a dozen of ISO 15924 scripts as Arab, Armn, Armi, Beng, Cyrl, Cyrs, Deva, Grek, Gujr, Guru, Hani, Hans, Hant, Hebr, Jpan, Knda, Kore, Latn including Roman numerals and binary), Lepc, Maya, Mlym, Mymr, Phnxl, Orya, Runr, Sinh, Syrc, Syre, Syrj, Syrn, Taml, Telu, Tibt, Xsux and maybe some more. The wiki source code can be used for articles / stubs in languages using these scripts. Fonts are not optimized and all comments are welcome at the test subdomain page at testwiki:most-perfect magic square. Thanks for all your efforts in advance! lɛʁi ʁɑjnhɑʁt (Leri Reinhart)
- PAGEID: 33722 · REVISIONID: 3225934
short update (2015-08-19) :
- The numbers are w:en:Gurmukhi numerals written in the Guru script see testwiki:most-perfect magic square#Guru
- Thanks to Mahitgar the translation of the first two lines is available at https://en.wikipedia.org/?curid=1003896#Epigraph .
- see the numerals in Beng at testwiki:most-perfect magic square#Beng
- ১৯:২১, ১৯ আগস্ট ২০১৫ (ইউটিসি)
New Readers research[সম্পাদনা]
You may have heard that several teams at the Wikimedia Foundation are collaborating to do research in several countries as part of the New Readers project. The project aims for a better understanding of how people think about knowledge, learning, and the internet. With this, we can start to figure out why Wikipedia reading rates are so low in countries where internet usage is rising so quickly.
To learn this, we are doing qualitative research sprints in Mexico, Nigeria, and YES, India.
That’s where you come in. We want our research to reflect needs and experiences of Wikimedia communities throughout India. Specifically: what questions do you have about general internet users in India? What groups (language, professional, regional) would you like to know more about? What barriers do you believe exist for potential Wikipedia readers? You can see our key priorities for this research here.
If you have thoughts or questions, please email me at jsutherlandwikimedia.org! We will share our proposed research approach with your inputs incorporated wherever possible by next week. We're excited to work with you! JSutherland (WMF) (আলাপ) ২৩:০৩, ১১ মে ২০১৬ (ইউটিসি)
Toronto District School Board (article request)[সম্পাদনা]
en:Toronto District School Board got a Bengali website. http://www.tdsb.on.ca/languages/bn-bd/home.aspx It is the largest school district in Canada and it may be helpful to have an article in Bengali. Is anyone interested in starting a short stub article? WhisperToMe (আলাপ) ২৩:২১, ১০ সেপ্টেম্বর ২০১৬ (ইউটিসি)
Wiki Loves Pride featured picture drive[সম্পাদনা]
The competition encourages high quality photographs from Pride events and other LGBT+ cultural related images to be released to Wikimedia Commons. The goal is to see a jump in the numbers of LGBT+ cultural related photographs nominated for Featured Picture status on all Wikimedia projects.
Help is needed to prepare a banner in Bengali! See banner translations.
Content help request[সম্পাদনা]
Hi, I started a stub article on english wikipedia en:Brajendra Kishore Roy Chowdhury a person of bengal origin. The article is very short and is in need of copy edit and content support.
Thanks and regards
Help with a project[সম্পাদনা]
I am initiating a project to record the name of my language in all the languages present in Wikipedia. First, I encourage you to create / improve the article on the Asturian language and, on the other hand, to help me in my project I would need a man and a woman to record how it is said in your language: Asturian . Thanks in advance. - Vsuarezp (আলাপ) ২০:৪৯, ১৫ নভেম্বর ২০১৮ (ইউটিসি)
Wikimedia Sustainability Initiative[সম্পাদনা]
Hi all. Please help us to translate Sustainability Initiative on meta in your language and add your name to the list of supporters to show your commitment to environment protection. Let's spread the word! Kind regards, --Daniele Pugliesi (আলাপ) ১৬:৫২, ২৮ নভেম্বর ২০১৮ (ইউটিসি)