উইকিপিডিয়া:নির্বাচিত বার্ষিকী/মার্চ ৪
This is a list of selected মার্চ ৪ anniversaries that appears on the "On this day" section of the Main Page. To suggest a new item, in most cases you can be bold and edit this page. Please read the selected anniversaries guidelines before making your edit. However, if your addition might be controversial, or on a day that is or soon will be on the Main Page, please post your suggestion on the talk page instead.
Please note that the events listed on the Main Page are chosen based more on relative article quality and to maintain a mix of topics, not based solely on how important or significant their subjects are. Only 5–6 events are posted at a time and thus not everything that is "most important and significant" can be listed. In addition, an event is not generally posted this year if it is also the subject of the scheduled নির্বাচিত নিবন্ধ or the টেমপ্লেট:আজকের নির্বাচিত ছবি.
To report an error when this appears on the Main Page, see Main Page errors. Please remember that this list defers to the supporting articles, so it is best to achieve consensus and make any necessary changes there first.
- 1461 – Wars of the Roses in England: Lancastrian King Henry VI was deposed by his Yorkist cousin, who then became King Edward IV.
- 1681 – King Charles II of England granted Quaker William Penn a charter for the Pennsylvania Colony.
- 1769 – French astronomer Charles Messier first noted the Orion Nebula (pictured), a bright nebula visible to the naked eye in the night sky situated south of Orion's Belt, later cataloguing it as Messier 42 in his list of Messier objects.
- 1982 – Bertha Wilson became the first female Puisne Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada.
- 2009 – The International Criminal Court issued an arrest warrant for President of Sudan Omar al-Bashir on charges of war crimes and crimes against humanity regarding his actions during the War in Darfur.