উইকিপিডিয়া:নির্বাচিত বার্ষিকী/মার্চ ৩
This is a list of selected মার্চ ৩ anniversaries that appears on the "On this day" section of the Main Page. To suggest a new item, in most cases you can be bold and edit this page. Please read the selected anniversaries guidelines before making your edit. However, if your addition might be controversial, or on a day that is or soon will be on the Main Page, please post your suggestion on the talk page instead.
Please note that the events listed on the Main Page are chosen based more on relative article quality and to maintain a mix of topics, not based solely on how important or significant their subjects are. Only 5–6 events are posted at a time and thus not everything that is "most important and significant" can be listed. In addition, an event is not generally posted this year if it is also the subject of the scheduled নির্বাচিত নিবন্ধ or the টেমপ্লেট:আজকের নির্বাচিত ছবি.
To report an error when this appears on the Main Page, see Main Page errors. Please remember that this list defers to the supporting articles, so it is best to achieve consensus and make any necessary changes there first.
- 1284 – The Statute of Rhuddlan incorporated the Principality of Wales into England.
- 1431 – Gabriel Condulmer became Pope Eugene IV (pictured), succeeding Martin V.
- 1585 – The Teatro Olimpico in Vicenza, Italy, a theatre designed by the Renaissance architect Andrea Palladio, was inaugurated.
- 1865 – The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation opened its doors, originally to help Hong Kong merchants finance the growing trade between China and Europe.
- 1991 – Motorist Rodney King was beaten by Los Angeles policemen, causing public outrage that increased tensions between the African American community and the police department over the issues of police brutality and social inequalities in the area.
- 1997 – The Sky Tower in Auckland, the tallest free-standing structure in the Southern Hemisphere at ৩২৮ মিটার (১,০৭৬ ফু), opened.