উইকিপিডিয়া:নির্বাচিত বার্ষিকী/ফেব্রুয়ারি ২৪
This is a list of selected ফেব্রুয়ারি ২৪ anniversaries that appears on the "On this day" section of the Main Page. To suggest a new item, in most cases you can be bold and edit this page. Please read the selected anniversaries guidelines before making your edit. However, if your addition might be controversial, or on a day that is or soon will be on the Main Page, please post your suggestion on the talk page instead.
Please note that the events listed on the Main Page are chosen based more on relative article quality and to maintain a mix of topics, not based solely on how important or significant their subjects are. Only 5–6 events are posted at a time and thus not everything that is "most important and significant" can be listed. In addition, an event is not generally posted this year if it is also the subject of the scheduled নির্বাচিত নিবন্ধ or the টেমপ্লেট:আজকের নির্বাচিত ছবি.
To report an error when this appears on the Main Page, see Main Page errors. Please remember that this list defers to the supporting articles, so it is best to achieve consensus and make any necessary changes there first.
Use only ONE image at a time
|1582 – Pope Gregory XIII issued the papal bull Inter gravissimas to promulgate the Gregorian calendar, a modification of the Julian calendar in use since 45 BC.||refimprove|
|1803 – The U.S. Supreme Court, in Marbury v. Madison, declared an act of Congress unconstitutional for the first time, forming the basis of judicial review in the U.S.||unreferenced section|
|1848 – Amid a revolt, French King Louis-Philippe abdicated and escaped to England, leading to the creation of the French Second Republic.||more footnotes, lead too short|
|1942 – Less than three months after the United States' entry into World War II, eyewitness reports of unidentified flying objects over Los Angeles triggered a massive anti-aircraft artillery barrage, thinking it was an attacking force from Japan.||Tagged for cleanup, trivia|
|1999 – Arizona executed German national Karl LaGrand.||more footnotes|
- 303 – Roman Emperor Diocletian's first "Edict against the Christians" was published, beginning the Diocletianic Persecution, the last and most severe episode of the persecution of Christians in the Roman Empire.
- 1868 – Andrew Johnson becomes the first U.S. President to be impeached.
- 1875 – The steamship SS Gothenburg hit a section of the Great Barrier Reef at low tide and sank about ৫০ কিলোমিটার (৩১ মা) northwest of Holbourne Island, Queensland, Australia, with the loss of over 100 lives.
- 1946 – Colonel Juan Perón, founder of the political movement that became known as Peronism, was elected to his first term as President of Argentina.
- 1989 – United Airlines Flight 811 experienced a cargo door failure in flight after leaving Honolulu International Airport, Hawaii, causing a decompression that blew out several rows of seats and killed nine passengers.
- 1607 – Italian composer Claudio Monteverdi's L'Orfeo, considered the first fully developed opera, was first performed in Mantua, Duchy of Mantua (now in Italy).
- 1822 – The first Swaminarayan temple, Swaminarayan Mandir in present-day Ahmedabad, India, was inaugurated.
- 1826 – The Treaty of Yandabo was signed, ending the First Anglo-Burmese War, the longest and most expensive war in the history of the British Raj.
- 1944 – World War II: The United States Army long-range penetration special operations unit known as Merrill's Marauders began a 1000-mile (1600 km) march over the Patkai region of the Himalayas and into the Burmese jungle behind Japanese lines.
- 2006 – Philippine President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo (pictured) declared a state of emergency in an attempt to subdue a possible military coup.