উইকিপিডিয়া:নির্বাচিত বার্ষিকী/ফেব্রুয়ারি ১০
This is a list of selected ফেব্রুয়ারি ১০ anniversaries that appears on the "On this day" section of the Main Page. To suggest a new item, in most cases you can be bold and edit this page. Please read the selected anniversaries guidelines before making your edit. However, if your addition might be controversial, or on a day that is or soon will be on the Main Page, please post your suggestion on the talk page instead.
Please note that the events listed on the Main Page are chosen based more on relative article quality and to maintain a mix of topics, not based solely on how important or significant their subjects are. Only 5–6 events are posted at a time and thus not everything that is "most important and significant" can be listed. In addition, an event is not generally posted this year if it is also the subject of the scheduled নির্বাচিত নিবন্ধ or the টেমপ্লেট:আজকের নির্বাচিত ছবি.
To report an error when this appears on the Main Page, see Main Page errors. Please remember that this list defers to the supporting articles, so it is best to achieve consensus and make any necessary changes there first.
Use only ONE image at a time
|1258 – Hulagu Khan and the Mongols sacked and burned Baghdad, a cultural and commercial centre of the Islamic world at the time, ending the rule of the Abbasid caliphate.||more footnotes|
|1567 – After an explosion destroyed the house in Kirk o' Field, Edinburgh, where he was staying, the strangled body of Henry Stewart, Lord Darnley, the King consort of Scotland, was found in a nearby orchard.||original research|
|1763 – Britain, France, and Spain signed the Treaty of Paris to end the Seven Years' War, significantly reducing the size of the French colonial empire while at the same time marking the beginning of an extensive period of British dominance outside of Europe.||lead too short|
|1841 – The British Parliament passed an Act of Union abolishing the legislatures of Lower Canada and Upper Canada and establishing a new political entity, the Province of Canada, to replace them.||no footnotes|
|1846 – The forces of the British East India Company defeated the army of the Sikh kingdom of the Punjab at the Battle of Sobraon, the decisive battle of the First Anglo-Sikh War.||refimprove|
|1996 – Deep Blue defeated Garry Kasparov in a game of chess, the first ever game won by a chess-playing computer against a World Chess Champion under chess tournament conditions.||already featured on May 11|
- 1840 – Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha married Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom at the Chapel Royal, becoming prince-consort.
- 1930 – The Viet Nam Quoc Dan Dang launched the failed Yen Bai mutiny in the hope of ending French colonial rule in Vietnam.
- 1964 – The Royal Australian Navy aircraft carrier HMAS Melbourne collided with the destroyer HMAS Voyager while both were performing manoeuvres in Jervis Bay in New South Wales, Australia, killing over eighty of Voyager's personnel.
- 1862 – American Civil War: A Union naval flotilla destroyed the bulk of the Confederate Mosquito Fleet in the Battle of Elizabeth City on the Pasquotank River in North Carolina.
- 1906 – The Royal Navy battleship এইচএমএস Dreadnought (pictured) was launched, representing such a marked advance in naval technology that her name came to be associated with an entire generation of battleships.
- 1936 – Second Italo-Abyssinian War: The Battle of Amba Aradam began and ended nine days later in a decisive tactical victory for Italy and the neutralisation of almost the entire Ethiopian army as a fighting force.
- 1962 – "Rudolf Abel", a Soviet spy arrested by the FBI, was exchanged for Gary Powers, the pilot of the CIA spy plane that had been shot down over Soviet airspace two years earlier.
- 2008 – The Namdaemun gate in Seoul, the first of South Korea's National Treasures, was severely damaged by arson.