উইকিপিডিয়া:নির্বাচিত বার্ষিকী/জানুয়ারি ৯
This is a list of selected জানুয়ারি ৯ anniversaries that appears on the "On this day" section of the Main Page. To suggest a new item, in most cases you can be bold and edit this page. Please read the selected anniversaries guidelines before making your edit. However, if your addition might be controversial, or on a day that is or soon will be on the Main Page, please post your suggestion on the talk page instead.
Please note that the events listed on the Main Page are chosen based more on relative article quality and to maintain a mix of topics, not based solely on how important or significant their subjects are. Only 5–6 events are posted at a time and thus not everything that is "most important and significant" can be listed. In addition, an event is not generally posted this year if it is also the subject of the scheduled নির্বাচিত নিবন্ধ or the টেমপ্লেট:আজকের নির্বাচিত ছবি.
To report an error when this appears on the Main Page, see Main Page errors. Please remember that this list defers to the supporting articles, so it is best to achieve consensus and make any necessary changes there first.
- 1127 – Invading Jin soldiers besieged and sacked Kaifeng and abducted Emperor Qinzong (pictured) and others, ending the Northern Song Dynasty of China.
- 1768 – Philip Astley staged the first modern circus in London.
- 1909 – Ernest Shackleton, leading the Nimrod Expedition, planted the British flag ৯৭ নটিক্যাল মাইল (১৮০ কিমি) from the South Pole, the furthest anyone had ever reached at that time.
- 1917 – World War I: Troops of the British Empire defeated Ottoman forces at the Battle of Rafa on the Sinai–Palestine border in present-day Rafah.
- 1972 – The Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association lost to the Milwaukee Bucks, ending a 33-game winning streak, the longest of any team in American professional sports.