উইকিপিডিয়া:নির্বাচিত বার্ষিকী/জানুয়ারি ৩০
This is a list of selected জানুয়ারি ৩০ anniversaries that appears on the "On this day" section of the Main Page. To suggest a new item, in most cases you can be bold and edit this page. Please read the selected anniversaries guidelines before making your edit. However, if your addition might be controversial, or on a day that is or soon will be on the Main Page, please post your suggestion on the talk page instead.
Please note that the events listed on the Main Page are chosen based more on relative article quality and to maintain a mix of topics, not based solely on how important or significant their subjects are. Only 5–6 events are posted at a time and thus not everything that is "most important and significant" can be listed. In addition, an event is not generally posted this year if it is also the subject of the scheduled নির্বাচিত নিবন্ধ or the টেমপ্লেট:আজকের নির্বাচিত ছবি.
To report an error when this appears on the Main Page, see Main Page errors. Please remember that this list defers to the supporting articles, so it is best to achieve consensus and make any necessary changes there first.
- 1649 – English Civil War: King Charles I, who was defeated in both the First and the Second Civil War, was beheaded for high treason in front of the Banqueting House in London.
- 1826 – The Menai Suspension Bridge, connecting the Isle of Anglesey and the mainland of Wales, one of the world's first modern suspension bridges, opened.
- 1930 – In Pavlovsk, USSR, meteorologist Pavel Molchanov launched one of the world's first radiosondes, a device attached to weather balloons to measure various atmospheric parameters.
- 1945 – World War II: Allied forces liberated over 500 prisoners of war from a Japanese POW camp near Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija, Philippines.
- 1948 – Nathuram Godse fatally shot Mahatma Gandhi (pictured), political and spiritual leader of India and the Indian independence movement, at Birla House in Delhi.
- 1964 – In a bloodless coup, General Nguyen Khanh overthrew General Duong Van Minh's military junta in South Vietnam, less than three months after Minh came to power in a bloody coup against then-President Ngo Dinh Diem.