উইকিপিডিয়া:নির্বাচিত বার্ষিকী/জানুয়ারি ১৮
This is a list of selected জানুয়ারি ১৮ anniversaries that appears on the "On this day" section of the Main Page. To suggest a new item, in most cases you can be bold and edit this page. Please read the selected anniversaries guidelines before making your edit. However, if your addition might be controversial, or on a day that is or soon will be on the Main Page, please post your suggestion on the talk page instead.
Please note that the events listed on the Main Page are chosen based more on relative article quality and to maintain a mix of topics, not based solely on how important or significant their subjects are. Only 5–6 events are posted at a time and thus not everything that is "most important and significant" can be listed. In addition, an event is not generally posted this year if it is also the subject of the scheduled নির্বাচিত নিবন্ধ or the টেমপ্লেট:আজকের নির্বাচিত ছবি.
To report an error when this appears on the Main Page, see Main Page errors. Please remember that this list defers to the supporting articles, so it is best to achieve consensus and make any necessary changes there first.
- 1607 – San Agustin Church in Manila, the oldest church in the Philippines, was completed.
- 1795 – A day after William V, Prince of Orange (pictured), fled the Dutch Republic as a result of the Batavian Revolution, the Batavian Republic was established.
- 1862 – American Civil War: In their first significant victory, Union forces defeated the Confederates at the Battle of Mill Springs in Wayne and Pulaski counties, near current Nancy, Kentucky.
- 1917 – Approximately 50 tons of TNT exploded at a munitions factory in Silvertown in West Ham, present-day Greater London, killing over 70 people and injuring over 400 others.
- 1935 – In Chicago, Coopers Inc. sold the world's first briefs, a new style of men's undergarment.
- 2007 – Turkish-Armenian journalist Hrant Dink was assassinated by a Turkish nationalist for his statements on the Armenian Genocide.